Monday, March 28, 2011

One-Dish Chicken Supper

This is what's for dinner tonight.  We won't be eating until after tennis this afternoon, but it smells so good and I couldn't wait to post this recipe!  It is a new one, so we'll see how the family likes it.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken, or celery, or mushroom, soup
1/3 cup of milk
1 pkg. Stove Top Stuffing mix and seasoning
1 2/3 cups of water

Place chicken in slow cooker.  Combine soup and milk.  Pour over chicken.  Combine stuffing mix, seasoning packet, and water.  Spoon over chicken. Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hours.

Now I only had cornbread Stove Top stuffing in my cabinet, so that is what I used.  It doesn't contain a seasoning packet, so I omitted that part.  This is a new recipe and I am excited to see how it turns out.  It smells super yummy and was super easy to make!  You know it is easy when you can easily make it while having a screaming 18 month old at your feet!  I will post later about how it turned out and how the kids like it.  They don't really like stuffing and I just keep it on hand for recipes, so I am hoping they don't notice that is what is in it!

Ok....it was a hit!  Everyone liked it.  The big boys didn't like the stuffing, of course.  I don't think they would have even noticed had their father not asked them if they wanted stuffing! UGH!  The baby liked it too and I thought for sure he wouldn't since it wasn't breaded chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment