Monday, March 21, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings

This was a new recipe and it is an old favorite of mine, so I decided to give it a whirl.  It turned out good and tasted just like how it was suppose to.  Although I think that I either need a bigger crockpot for this recipe or need to cut the recipe down some, because it made a lot of food!

3- 10oz cans of cream of chicken soup
6- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup of diced onion
water
3- 12oz cans of refrigerated biscuits, quartered

First put the soup in your crockpot.   Then put in the chicken and onions.  I did omit the onions (my kids detest them), but I slipped in some onion flakes.  I also used frozen chicken.  Then add water, just enough to barely cover the chicken.  Cook on Low 6-8 hours or High 4-6.  At 45 minutes until the end, spoon out the chicken and shred it, then put it back in and turn the cooker to high.  Then drop in the biscuits and cook for 35 minutes or until done.  This seemed like a lot of bread and did take me a longer than 35 minutes.
I figured out why mine took longer and cooked out...I use Grands biscuits!  I recommend using regular refrigerated biscuits, that is what I will use next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment