Friday, September 30, 2011

Scalloped Chicken

This recipe is super easy and one that my family really enjoys, even with the peas! This is what we are having for dinner tonight with Hawaiian rolls and probably baked apples.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 box scalloped potatoes
10 oz frozen peas
2 cups water

Put chicken, potatoes, seasoning pack from potatoes, and peas in crockpot.  Then pour water over top and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4 hours.

I got this recipe from the Fix It and Forget It cookbook and it is always a hit!  I think next time I may use broccoli.  I think you can probably substitute the peas for whatever veggie your family likes.  What doesn't taste good in cheese?!

Dessert!
Millionaire Pie

1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
1 -14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
5 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut (which I am omitting because no one will eat, but me!)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (also omitting for same reason!)
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1- 6oz prepared graham cracker pie crust

Combine coconut, pineapple, pecans, lemon juice, and condensed milk in bowl, mix well.  Then fold in whipped topping.  Pour into pie crust.  Cover and chill 3 hours or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment