Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken Taco Soup

I love taco soup!  I am always trying new taco soup recipes or combining several to make it fit with the ingredients that I have on hand.  Today I had frozen chicken to use and no time to thaw hamburger, so it is chicken taco soup tonight!  I also used a new recipe that was for something else, but I made it work with the tomatoes I had and the chicken.  Looks yummy and I sure hope it tastes yummy!

3 -large boneless, skinless chicken breasts--mine were frozen
2- 15 oz cans light red kidney beans-undrained
1- 14oz can diced tomatoes
1-10oz can tomatoes with chilies-I used HT brand mild, but it is like Rotel
1-14oz can tomato sauce
1-15oz can of corn
1-pkg ranch dip
1-pkg taco seasoning

I put my chicken in the crockpot then dumped all other ingredients in and then stirred.  Covered and cook on low 7 hours.

I usually serve mine with corn chips or tortillas, sour cream, and cheese.  Tonight I feel like cornbread, so I may do that with or instead of the chips.

The meal was a huge success! I was shocked since no one likes ranch and I was worried it might have a ranch flavor, but it didn't.  It did have a sweeter taste.  My kids ate so much!!  They love kidney beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment