Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Easy Dinner Surprise

This is a new meal for us.  Can you tell why I chose it...Easy!!!  This was super easy to prepare.  I am not sure if my guys will like it since it has mushrooms and onions in it, but I thought it sounded yummy.

Easy Dinner Surprise

1-1 1/2 lbs stew meat, cubed
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
10 3/4 oz can cream of celery (I used another can of mushroom because I didn't have cream of celery)
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
4 oz can mushroom pieces

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on Low 8-10 hours. (I am cooking on low for 8 hours)
Serve over rice or baked potatoes.  (I plan to use rice, since I know my kids love that)

This was definitely a keeper in my house!  Everyone loved it!  My husband loved it except for what he called the "surprise" which was the can of mushrooms (he doesn't really care for those).  The gravy turned out wonderful.

This recipe came from the Fix It and Forget It cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment