Monday, October 10, 2011

Cream Cheese Chicken

My old Crock Pot started boiling my food, so I got a new one! After many hours (and I mean many) of reading reviews and ratings I finally decided on a new one. It was a really hard decision because all of them had good and bad reviews, but the bad ones were all common things and they were really bad. I decided to go with this one because it had pretty good reviews and it didn't seem to have a common problem (like some shut off randomly while cooking, eek!). I got this one from Amazon. I have used it twice and so far so good!



Today I made a recipe that I found on my newest obsession, Pinterest! I am totally addicted! I also got this great idea of actually taking pictures of the food. I guess I did think of that before, but was too lazy. Now I am really grateful to those people who take the time, because it makes it so much better to make something when you know what it should look like.

Cream Cheese Chicken

2 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1 can Corn-drained
1 can Rotel
1 can Pinto Beans- drained (the original called for black beans)
1 8 oz black of Cream Cheese (I used 1/3 less fat, but with most recipes this is the lowest fat you want to use.)

Put chicken in crock pot then other ingredients.  Cook on low 6-7 hours.  The recipe I read this is what hers looked like and then she stirred it every 2 hours.  I did the same and it turned out perfect.  This was a huge hit with my family.  We had ours with rice and tortillas.  I ate mine over rice and the boys ate their rice and chicken in a tortilla like a burrito.  Enjoy!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment