Monday, April 4, 2011

Continental Chicken

Tonight we are having an old family favorite.  My mom got this recipe from a friend of hers and we use to have this a lot when I was growing up, except we just called it Chicken with Bacon wrapped around it!  Later in life I learned it had a real name:)  My husband and kids love, love, love this!!

Continental Chicken

3-4 Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and halved.
6-8 slices of bacon (or a whole pack-that is how much we like!)
10 oz can cream mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup flour
1 jar dried beef

Line the bottom of your crock with dried beef ( I sometimes leave this out if I don't have it on hand).  Wrap your chicken breast halves with bacon.  I use two slices per chicken piece and if I have a couple left at the end I just throw it in with the chicken.  Place chicken on top of dried beef.  In a bowl mix soup, sour cream and flour.  Pour over top of chicken.  Cook on High 3-4 hours or Low 6-7 hours.  Serve over rice or egg noodles.

We love it with rice or noodles, but my favorite is rice.  I hope you love this as much as my family does!

No comments:

Post a Comment