Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Creamy Italian Chicken

Just when I thought I had already failed at cooking and keeping this blog going I found the inspiration to cook tonight!  I found some cream cheese in the fridge and decided to make this meal.  It is one I really enjoy.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts(can be frozen)
1/4 cup water
1 pkg of Italian dressing mix
10 3/4 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 can of mushrooms (optional)

Put chicken in crockpot.  Mix water and Italian dressing mix.  Pour over chicken.  Cook on Low 3 hours.  Mix soup and cream cheese and mushrooms if you choose.  Cook one more hour on Low or until juices run clear.  Serve over noodles or rice.  

Variation--You can use cream of chicken soup instead of the mushroom.

We just had dinner and this meal was a huge success!!  All the kids loved it and there are no leftovers!!  Do you remember the Chicken Tonight commercials?  Well, my mom use to buy the French Country Chicken Tonight when I was growing up and I totally forgot that this was the meal that tastes just like it!  I just love having foods that remind me of my childhood.  

Enjoy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment